The BCIT difference
Every year, nearly 50,000 students choose to study at BCIT, setting them on an exciting path for the career they want.
With innovative programs, world-class training and tools, and engaging instructors with deep expertise in their field, we help shape our students into the next generation of industry leaders.
We offer more than just higher education—we’re your first step towards a rewarding career, the step-up to a promotion, or a pivot in a new professional direction. You can choose from more than 300 programs and take advantage of flexible learning options to suit your needs. BCIT is a sound investment in your future.
Why learn with us?
Here are some of the reasons nearly 50,000 students a year choose to learn and train at BCIT:
- 98% of our degree graduates are employed
- You’ll get hands-on training from industry leaders and instructors who are experts in their fields
- We have some of the best training facilities around—including a 300,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art Aerospace Technology Campus; a broadcast & media studio; and a forensics lab
- Our Downtown Campus features the TEC Hub, an innovative and collaborative IT learning space in the heart of the Vancouver downtown tech corridor
- Our small class sizes mean you get more one-on-one attention from your instructors and better opportunities to network with the students in your program
- Part-time studies gives you the option to upgrade your skills or retrain for an entirely new career on evenings or weekends
- Some BCIT programs allow you to build your education in stages—shortening your overall classroom time and getting you into your career more quickly
- Our curriculum is developed through close consultation with industry, ensuring our students are ready to hit-the-ground-running the day they graduate
- Choose from over 300 programs and you’ll be joining a cohort of over 185,000 BCIT alumni working across BC and around the world
One of the top reasons to choose BCIT? Our phenomenal track record on employment. An incredible 98% of BCIT degree-holders are currently working.
pk游戏Find out why our graduates loved BCIT, and see our range of programs, including apprenticeships, diplomas and degrees.
pk游戏Our full-time programs are taught in cohorts—small groups of students, who learn and work on projects together. Smaller class sizes mean you work more closely with your instructor, and get better access to our industry experts. Learning in a cohort also gives you the experience of professional teamwork and group project management—essential skills for workplaces today.
Our education goes beyond the theoretical. You’ll get more than just academic skills—classroom work is complemented by lab or workshop experience, industry-sponsored projects, and internships or co-op placements. All our programs feature a practical application—even our master’s degrees.
Our instructors are industry experts, with years of experience in the field. Their job is to guide your learning and simulate the kind of working conditions you’ll experience day-to-day.
On top of that, you’ll have the chance to network with industry leaders, take on projects designed by local and international employers, and get hands-on experience as part of your education.
Ladder your credential
pk游戏We offer you a unique opportunity to build your credentials incrementally—from a diploma all the way up to a degree. How high you climb is up to you.
pk游戏Many of our graduates return to build upon their credentials, specialize their skills or hone in on their passions with advanced studies. Whether you’re looking to get a foot in the door, or lead your field, our programs help you build the future you want, over a timeframe that works for you.
pk游戏It’s important not only to work hard, but also to have fun and make the most of your post-secondary experience. That’s why we offer services and opportunities to help you get the most from your time at BCIT.